Install fix packs for IBM Lotus Quickr using updates that are available for download from the IBM® Fix Central Web site at http://www.ibm.com/eserver/support/fixes/.
Updates can include the following types of fixes:
- Interim fix – A certified fix that is tested by IBM and made available to all customers between regularly scheduled fix packs.
- Fix pack - A cumulative collection of fixes that is made available between scheduled refresh packs, manufacturing refreshes, or releases.
Installing IBM® WebSphere® Portal or Web Content Management fixes may reset the language fallback filter setting. For more information see Selecting and changing the language
- Find and download a fix from the IBM® Fix Central Web site at httpwwwibmcomeserversupportfixes. Fixes are organized by installed version. Click About from a feature's home page to display a product page that specifies the version number.
- Stop the server before installation by entering and restarted after the installation is complete.
Install the fix using the instructions included with the fix.
- On a command line change to the following directory:
- Linux: was_profile_root\\bin
- AIX: was_profile_root\\bin
- Windows: was_profile_root\\bin
- Stop the Lotus Quickr server by entering the following command:
- Linux: ./stopServer.sh WebSphere_Portal -user admin_userid -password admin_password
- AIX: ./stopServer.sh WebSphere_Portal -user admin_userid -password admin_password
- Windows: stopServer.bat WebSphere_Portal -user admin_userid -password admin_password
Note: Most fixes will require the use of the Portal Update Installer (PUI), also available from IBM Fix Central, and may have an additional step to perform a configuration task running the command listed in the fix instructions.
Restart the Lotus Quickr server by entering one of the following commands:
- Linux: ./startServer.sh WebSphere_Portal
- Windows: startServer.bat WebSphere_Portal
- AIX: ./startServer.sh WebSphere_Portal
Maintaining the proxyconfig.xml file when applying fixpacks: qp85
Before fixpacks are applied to a Lotus Quickr system, backup the proxy-config.xml
file to ensure any updates are merged. Once the fixpack is applied, update the proxy-config.xml
file with the any custom properties. The proxy-config.xml
file is located at quickr_install_root/wp_profile/installedApps//AJAX Proxy Configuration.ear/wp.proxy.config.war/WEB-INF/
Maintaining the cluster: qp85
Maintaining IBM Lotus Quickr for WebSphere Portal in a cluster typically means applying corrective service, which are fix packs and interim fixes, or updating the software release level on each node in the cluster.
Parent topic: Installing: qp85
Selecting and changing the language: qp85