Libraries are collection containers for document files and other media files, such as video or audio files.
If you are a place manager, you can manage libraries at two levels: as part of creating or modifying a place, or from an individual library. From a library, the following library management tasks are available:
- Manage library -> Edit Library Properties: Change the properties of the library, including customizing the columns of information displayed in the library.
- Manage library elements -> Document Types: Create and edit document types.
- Manage library elements -> Document Templates: Create and edit document templates.
- Manage library elements -> Property Sheets: Create and modify property sheets, which are used to add additional information to document types
- Manage library elements -> Categories: Add or remove document categories from the library.
The following library management tasks are performed on a place, instead of at the individual library level:
- Create a library (create a new place)
- Delete a library (delete a place)
The topics below provide more detailed information about performing specific library management tasks.
Parent topic: Customizing: qp85
Managing library settings: qp85
Configuring global library options: qp85