The templates must be migrated from the source system to the target system before the target environment is ready for general use.
The exporting and importing of templates is not handled within the Lotus® Quickr™ core migration progress. However, this step can be done after a complete migration because the templates are not required by the runtime. They are required, however, to create additional places.
This process requires exporting the templates, copying them to the new server, and importing them. The import step for the templates must be run after the import of the source data. Currently, the import and export process can only be done by using the portal user interface, one template at a time. There is no command line or programmatic method to import or export templates.
To migrate the templates, perform the following steps on the source server:
- Click Work with templates to see the list of templates available on the source server.
- From the template menu, click Export Template and specify file compression and the path for the .zip file that stores the template definition.
- Repeat steps 1-2 for all templates that you are migrating.
- Move the files to the file system of the target server.
Perform the following steps on the target server:
- On the target server, open Place Administration and go to the Templates tab.
- Click Import and browse to find the first template definition file that you exported in Step 2.
- Click OK to import the template file. The template is now listed in the Application Template Library.
- Repeat steps 6-7 for all templates that you are migrating.
Parent topic: Advanced migration: qp85
Next topic: Migrating the credential vault: qp85