Follow these steps to complete Lotus Quickr for WebSphere Portal migration to version 8.5:
1. Preparing the target environment: qp85
Before migrating, install and prepare the IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5 environment. Perform the preparation of the target system steps in order. Install Lotus Quickr 8.5, customize all themes and skins for your environment, and ensure it is working. You may begin preparing the source system as soon as you install Lotus Quickr 8.5.
2. Preparing the source environment: qp85
Migrating to IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5 is only supported from Lotus Quickr 188.8.131.52. If you have an earlier version of Lotus Quickr, you must first upgrade the source environment to version 184.108.40.206. There is also some configuration that must be done on the source environment before you can migrate to version 8.5. Perform the preparation of the source system steps in order. Upgrading to Lotus Quickr 220.127.116.11 can occur while the target system is being prepared.
3. Exporting source data: qp85
After the IBM Lotus Quickr source environment has been prepared, you must export the data so that your places, templates, and other system customization can be imported to the new version. The export process is run locally on the source system using code from the target system. Perform the export of the source data steps in order. Preparing the source system must be completed before exporting the source data begins.
4. Importing the source data to the target system: qp85
After the target environment has been prepared, import the source data. Perform the import of the source data steps in order. Preparing the target system and exporting the source data must both be completed before importing the source data begins.
Previous topic: Planning for custom and extended resources: qp85
Parent topic: Migrating: qp85
Next topic: Preparing the target environment: qp85
Main migration topics
- Planning for migration: qp85: Take time to plan for your migration. Decide whether you require a full or place migration, find out about supported migration paths, review migration requirements, and more.
- Migration procedure: qp85 (this article)
- Post migration configuration: qp85: After the migration procedure is completed, configure the Lotus Quickr 8.5 system for general use and verify the migration.
- Advanced migration: qp85: Review and complete these additional steps, if required for your production environment.
- Troubleshooting the Quickr migration: qp85: If you encounter problems during the migration process, use these links to find late-breaking technotes on the Support site.