Before migrating review the supported versions, required maintenance on source systems, and environment restrictions.
Before beginning a migration, plan for a period in which changes to place content on the source server can be prevented. Once the data has been collected from the Lotus® Quickr™ 126.96.36.199 server, that server can be made available again. Any changes made to the source server after the data has been collected will not be included in the migration.
The best practice is to minimize the amount of information that must be migrated by doing the following:
- If you deleted users or groups using your configured user registry, make sure to unregister those users and groups. Use either the XML configuration interface or the Manage Users and Groups portlet.
- Export or remove orphaned data. Consult the reference material for your database to determine how to identify and remove orphaned data.
- Eliminate user traffic and restrict changes to places.
- Migration is supported from Lotus Quickr services for WebSphere Portal 188.8.131.52 and later fixpacks.
- Migration is not supported from any version of Lotus Quickr services for Domino.
- Resource limitations might prohibit running earlier and newer versions of Lotus Quickr concurrently on the same machine.
- The target server must have a minimum of 4GB of RAM to support migration.
User registry considerations
- Migration is only supported for servers configured to use an LDAP. The target server and source server must have the same LDAP configuration. Migration to or from the default Lotus Quickr security is not supported. In other words, you cannot migrate from a server using the out of the box portal database registry.
- Lotus Quickr 8.5 adds support for federated LDAPs, which is not supported in 184.108.40.206.
- Perform maintenance cleanup on users and groups before migrating. For example, clean up deleted users and their places before starting the migration.
- The users and groups in the target Lotus Quickr installation must be the same as the directory users and groups in the source Lotus Quickr installation. Lotus Quickr 8.5 only supports a WebSphere federated user registry configuration. You can migrate from a standalone LDAP configuration to a federated user registry configuration as long as the original standalone LDAP server is part of the federated configuration.
The target Lotus Quickr 8.5 Server should be configured with the same security settings prior to migrating from the source Lotus Quickr 220.127.116.11 Server.
Server locale considerations
- The target server locale must match the existing server's locale. Migration is supported if both the target and source are running with the same locale, for example, English (en). However, migration from a server running with an English locale (en) to a server running with a Japanese locale (jp) is not supported.
- The source and target servers must be configured to have the same time, date, and time zone.
- Migrating from an older version of a database server to a newer version of that database server is supported.
- Migrating between different database servers is not supported. For example, you cannot migrate from an IBM® DB2 Universal Database™ Enterprise Server Edition database server to an Oracle database server. If you plan on switching to another type of database server, it is recommended that you perform this switch on the existing server before running the migration.
Parent topic: Planning for migration: qp85
Next topic: Planning for custom and extended resources: qp85