For a successful migration, steps should be taken in specific order.
The best practices order of migration steps is as follows:
- Planning for migration - The planning steps can be performed in any order.
- Migration procedure, which includes the following steps:
- Preparing the target environment - Perform the preparation of the target system steps in order. Install Lotus Quickr 8.5, customize all themes and skins for your environment, and ensure it is working. You may begin preparing the source system as soon as you install Lotus Quickr 8.5.
- Preparing the source environment - Perform the preparation of the source system steps in order. Upgrading to Lotus Quickr 18.104.22.168 can occur while the target system is being prepared.
- Exporting the source data - Perform the export of the source data steps in order. Preparing the source system must be completed before exporting the source data begins.
- Importing the source data to the target system - Perform the import of the source data steps in order. Preparing the target system and exporting the source data must both be completed before importing the source data begins.
- Perform post-migration configuration tasks - Perform the post-migration steps in order.
- Perform advanced migration tasks - Perform advanced migration tasks, such as migrating integrated software, including ECM and Lotus Connections.
Note: It is highly recommended for large environments that you do a practice migration run on a staging server using production data. This will help identify and eliminate any potential failures before you encounter them in the production migration run.
Parent topic: Planning for migration: qp85
Next topic: Migration terminology: qp85
Migration procedure: qp85Post migration configuration: qp85
Advanced migration: qp85