Administrators can move a Lotus® Quickr™ place from one server to another. You will want to move your place when upgrading to a new server or moving from a staging environment to a productions environment.
Consider the following when preparing to move a place between servers:
- Both servers need to have the same User community
- The target server must have the same fix level or higher
- Both servers must have the same custom resources on both servers, such as skins and custom portlets
- Access to any application specific backend data referenced by the source server must also be configured on the target server
To move a place between servers:
- Create an archive of the place you want to move on the source server.
- Copy the archive to the backup directory of the target server.
- Run the xmlaccess script to register the new archive on the target server. For more information on running the xmlaccess script, see Synching the interface to update the list of places.
- Click Places Administration for the target server.
- Click More Actions and select View Archives.
- Select an archive from the list and click View Back Up Versions.
- Select the archive to restore and click Restore.
Parent topic: Managing places: qp85