Planning tips for setting an administrator user ID and password, using a firewall or antivirus software, path name length, and the CKEditor.
Administrator user ID and password for the server
Firewall or antivirus software
Your administrator user ID and password are used to log in to Lotus® Quickr™ to perform administrative tasks and it is not the same user ID that is used to access the machine where you installed Lotus Quickr.
For security reasons, it is strongly recommended that you change these values soon after you have installed Lotus Quickr and before you make it available to users. Refer to the information about Changing passwords
Before you start the installation program, disable any firewall or antivirus products that are running on the machine where the server will be installed. If the installation program detects a firewall or antivirus program, a warning message displays.Path name length
There is a known limitation with many Windows® operating systems that limits path names to a maximum length of 259 characters. This can be a potential problem due to the depth of the WebSphere Application Server directory structure, particularly when deploying applications or performing migration. During installation and configuration, values are added temporarily to the Path, which might result in one of the following errors during configuration:
These messages might also appear in the wpinstalllog.txt
- The input line is too long.
- The syntax of the command is incorrect.
- The filename is too long.
To avoid problems related to excessively long paths names, consider the following recommendations when installing:
- Use a short installation path. For example, use C:\\Quickr instead of C:\\Program Files\\IBM\\Quickr.
- Specify short cell and node names – do not use names longer than 5 characters. For example, you might use scell instead of stonemillNode01cell.
- The name of the WAR files must be less than approximately 21 characters. The installation program attempts to truncate or rename long names before it deploys the WAR file into the application server; however, it cannot always circumvent the path name to exceed the limit. To correct this error, modify the file name to less than 21 characters.
- See the technote 1254579 for more information.
CKEditor is an open source text editor designed for use inside web pages. Lotus Quickr now uses this WYSIWYG editor for all text editing of place pages. See CKEditor End User Features
for a description of the capabilities of CKEditor.
There are important differences between CKEditor and the ODC editor. The default fonts supported by ODC are not default fonts supported by CKEditor. If you previously used the default ODC fonts, you must add those fonts to CKEditor.
Also, ODC used a deprecated method, <font>
, to identify font size. CKEditor uses the style="font-size:npx"
attribute to identify font size. You must change the old method to the new attribute before font sizes can be recognized.
The spell checking feature is browser-dependent. In Firefox 2.0 or later, misspelled words are indicated with a dashed red line beneath them. Press and hold the Control key while right clicking the word to display a menu of alternate words. Highlight a new word to replace it. Internet Explorer requires additional software to perform spell checking. One such plug-in is ieSpell, for Internet Explorer 5.0 and later.
Parent topic: Planning considerations: qp85