This section provides information to give the database administrator an overall picture of WebSphere® Portal database requirements.
Before you begin:
- You should have reviewed the Planning for databases topic to determine if you are going to transfer Lotus Quickr data to another supported database.
- Ensure the database you plan to use is supported by this version of Lotus Quickr. Refer to Supported hardware and software for supported databases that are needed for Lotus Quickr.
The following areas provide an overview of the database and user names used in the documentation as well as some information about each database and user you should consider in your planning. The database names and users on this page are suggested values and provide consistency throughout the documentation. During your implementation, replace these values with values in your environment.
- After the database software has been installed, you must create the required databases and users and grant the proper privileges to those users.
- If Lotus Quickr 8.5 and an earlier version of Lotus Quickr coexist, the database user IDs for Lotus Quickr 8.5 must be different than earlier versions to avoid conflicts during installation.
Note: If the two versions of Lotus Quickr coexist on different databases, using the same user ID will not cause conflict.
- The default tablespace size for Oracle RAC may need to be set to 1024MB with autoextend turned on for database transfer to be successful.
For an overview of the different databases and database user names you should consider in your planning see Planning for Oracle
You have completed this step. Continue to the next step.
Planning for Oracle: qp85