Preparing to uninstall on LinuxAdded by IBM on June 11, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before uninstalling IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ for WebSphere Portal, you must prepare your system; for example, adding passwords to the properties files and keeping or discarding database information.
Before uninstalling IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ for WebSphere Portal, you must prepare your system; for example, adding passwords to the properties files and keeping or discarding database information.
Perform the following steps to prepare for uninstallation:
- Optional: Make a backup of the Lotus Quickr configuration using the XML Configuration Interface.
The following information is not backed up and will be deleted if you delete the database:
- User attributes that are stored in the database and not in the user registry
- Credential data that is stored in the default vault implementation
- Add passwords to the wkplc.properties, wkplc_comp.properties, and wkplc_dbtype.properties files, located in the wp_profile_root/ConfigEngine/properties directory, or specify passwords on the command line.
- Decide whether to keep your database as is to preserve Lotus Quickr information or perform the following steps to remove the information from the database:
If you decide to keep the database information, you cannot use it with subsequent installations although you can still access the information through your database software. Also, if you keep the information, you can always delete the Lotus Quickr databases and database tables later using your database software.
- Run the following tasks from the wp_profile_root/bin directory to stop the WebSphere_Portal and server1 servers:
- ./stopServer.sh server1 -username admin_userid -password admin_password
- ./stopServer.sh WebSphere_Portal -username admin_userid -password admin_password
Parent topic: Uninstalling on Linux systems: qp85