When you restrict who can create places, hide the Create a Place
button from anonymous users.
By default, anonymous users (users who have not logged in to IBM® Lotus® Quickr™) can see the Create a Place
button. If they click it they are prompted to log in. After they log in, they can click the button and create a place.
However, if you restrict place creation to certain users or groups by changing the Creator
security role, then you should hide the button from anonymous users. You want to avoid having anonymous users see the button, click it, log in, and then have it disappear because they aren't allowed to create places.
Perform these steps to hide the Create a Place
button from anonymous users:
- Log in to the WebSphere Application Server administration console.
- Expand Resources.
- Expand Resource Environment
- Click Resource Environment Providers.
- Click PlacecntrPropertiesService.
- Click Custom Properties.
- Click showCreatePlacesIfAnonymous.
- In the Value field type false.
- Restart the place center application:
- In the WebSphere Application Server administration console expand Applications.
- Click Enterprise Applications.
- Select placeCntrApp.
- Click Stop. Wait until you see a message that says the application stopped successfully.
- Select placeCntrApp again.
- Click Start. Wait until you see a message that says the application started successfully.
Parent topic: Managing places: qp85