Before you install IBM® Content Manager Services for Lotus® Quickr™, review the mandatory requirements and recommendations for the various servers involved in the setup.
Recommended server configuration for a non high-availability scenario
The recommended base server configuration for setting up IBM Content Manager Services for Lotus Quickr for a simple, non high-availability scenario is described below.
- Server 1: IBM Content Manager V8.4 (Library Server and Resource Manager components; IBM DB2 Information Integrator)
- Server 2: WebSphere® Application Server, IBM Content Manager Services for Lotus Quickr
- Server 3: IBM Lotus Quickr for WebSphere Portal
- Server 4: Database for Lotus Quickr
- Server 5: Database for IBM Content Manager
- Server 6: LDAP Server
- User's workstation
Please refer to the IBM Content Manager InfoCenter for the installation of IBM Content Manager and its components, Library Server, Resource Manager, and IBM DB2 Information Integrator for Content.
Plan your deployment based on the following constraints and recommendations.
- Lotus Quickr requires its own application server; it cannot be co-located with any other web application listed in this section.
- It is recommended that IBM Content Manager Services for Lotus Quickr and Lotus Quickr use the same LDAP server for user authentication. Thus an IBM Content Manager administrator may import Lotus Quickr users who need access to an IBM Content Manager repository into IBM Content Manager using the Content Manager System Administration tool.
- IBM Content Manager Services for Lotus Quickr must have network connectivity with the IBM Content Manager and Lotus Quickr.
- A user's computer must have network connectivity with Lotus Quickr and IBM Content Manager Services for Lotus Quickr.
- SSO between Lotus Quickr and IBM Content Manager Services for Lotus Quickr is optional, but preferable for an enhanced user experience.
These are the general constraints and recommendations that a Lotus Quickr administrator needs to understand. For additional IBM Content Manager specific constraints and recommendations, refer to the IBM Content Manager InfoCenter.
The following diagram illustrates a base server configuration for a non high-availability scenario.
IBM Content Manager InfoCenter