Uninstalling with the console mode on WindowsAdded by IBM on June 11, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|The Lotus® Quickr™ uninstallation program provides a console interface, which enables you to perform an interactive uninstallation from a command prompt. Multiple uninstallations are not supported. You should only perform one uninstallation at a time.
The Lotus® Quickr™ uninstallation program provides a console interface, which enables you to perform an interactive uninstallation from a command prompt. Multiple uninstallations are not supported. You should only perform one uninstallation at a time.
Preparing to uninstall on Windows
Use the following steps to launch the uninstallation program from the console interface:
- Navigate to the Lotus Quickr uninstallation directory: quickr_server_root/uninstall.
- Enter uninstall.bat -console
The console interface presents the same content as the graphical uninstallation program, only in a textual form. Select the item by entering a number corresponding to your choice and proceed through the uninstallation by pressing Enter.
For example, to select the language that you want to use for the uninstallation, you would see output like the following example:
Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
IBM Lotus Quickr 220.127.116.11
(C) Copyright IBM Corp. 2001, 2007 All Rights Reserved.
Select a language to be used for this wizard.
[ ] 1 - Czech
[X] 2 - English
[ ] 3 - French
[ ] 4 - German
[ ] 5 - Greek
[ ] 6 - Hungarian
[ ] 7 - Italian
[ ] 8 - Japanese
[ ] 9 - Korean
[ ] 10 - Polish
[ ] 11 - Portuguese
[ ] 12 - Portuguese (Brazil)
[ ] 13 - Russian
[ ] 14 - Simplified Chinese
[ ] 15 - Spanish
[ ] 16 - Traditional Chinese
[ ] 17 - Turkish
To select an item enter its number, or 0 when you are finished: 
- Perform the following post uninstallation steps to ensure a clean system:
Some of the steps might not be required if the uninstallation program removed the information completely.
- Delete the quickr_install_root directory.
Depending on the state of WebSphere® Application Server, you might need to manually uninstall it. Refer to the Uninstalling manually
topic for instructions.
- Perform the following steps to manually delete any remaining DB2® users and groups:
- If it exists, delete the DB2 instance directory.
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> User Profiles to delete the user profiles for each DB2 user.
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> local users and groups to delete the DB2 users and groups from the directory.
- Verify that the Quickradm user and Quickradm directories are removed; if not, manually remove them.
The following default users and groups should be deleted:
- User: <quickradminuser> This is the name you specified for the administrative user during installation.
- Group: DB2ADMS, DB2USERS
- Delete the DB2 port line, such as db2c_wpdb2ins 50000/TCP in the following directory: C:\\Windows\\system32\\drivers\\etc\\services
- Locate and delete the DB2 user folder located on the same drive where Lotus Quickr is installed; for example C:\QUIKRADM.
- Sometimes the DB2 uninstallation cannot remove the DB2 DAS service entries, in that case you need to remove the DB2 DAS service using command sc delete service_name, for example, sc delete DB2DAS00. You can find the service_name by going to Control Panel -> Administration Tools -> Services.
Parent topic: Uninstalling on Windows systems: qp85