The uninstallation program provides you with the option of uninstalling IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ for WebSphere Portal only or uninstalling both Lotus Quickr and IBM DB2® using a graphical user interface (GUI).
Preparing to uninstall on AIX
The uninstallation program removes Lotus Quickr and IBM WebSphere® Application Server and provides the option of removing DB2. All profiles, including the one used for Lotus Quickr, are removed. You can only perform one uninstallation at a time.
Use the following steps to uninstall using the graphical uninstallation program:
- Launch the uninstallation program by doing the following steps:
Select the language to use for the uninstallation wizard, and then click Next.
The Welcome page displays. Click Next.
Select one of the following uninstallation options, and then click Next:
- From a command prompt, change to the directory:
- Then run the following command:
If security is enabled, enter the WebSphere Application Server User ID and Password, and then click Next. If the wrong username or password are entered, it will fail to stop the server. Many files will be left in quickr_install_root/AppServer and quickr_install_root/wp_profile. You will need to remove these files manually.
A page displays a list of the products to be uninstalled. Click Next to uninstall.
A page displays a successful installation message. Click Finish to close the uninstallation wizard.
Remove any remaining Lotus Quickr directories from your directory structure.
If DB2 was not uninstalled with Lotus Quickr, follow the DB2 uninstallation instructions:
- Uninstall Lotus Quickr only
Select this option to only uninstall Lotus Quickr.
- Uninstall Lotus Quickr and IBM DB2 Universal Database™ Enterprise Server Edition
Select this option to uninstall both Lotus Quickr and DB2.
Restart the system. This is of particular importance if you intend to install Lotus Quickr again on the same system.
Perform the following post uninstallation steps to ensure a clean system:
Do not manually delete the quickr_install_root/db2
directory until after you have uninstalled DB2.
Some of the steps might not be required if the uninstallation program removed the information completely.
- Delete the quickr_install_root directory.
Depending on the state of WebSphere Application Server, you might need to manually uninstall it. Refer to the Uninstalling manually
topic for instructions.
- Perform the following steps to manually delete any remaining DB2 users and groups:
- Enter the following command to delete DB2 users: userdel -r user1; userdel -r user2.
- Enter the following command to delete DB2 groups: rmgroup group1; rmgroup group2.
- Remove the corresponding home directories for the users and groups that you deleted.
- Enter the following command to delete the DB2 registry when there is no other DB2 installed on the system: rm -Rf /var/db2.
- Enter the following command to delete the gsk installed with DB2 when there is no other DB2 installed on the system: rpm -e gsk7bas.
The following default users and groups should be also deleted:
- User: wpdb2fen, <quickradminuser> This is the name you specified for the administrative user during installation.
- Group: wpdb2iad, wpdb2fad
- Delete the DB2 port line, such as db2c_wpdb2ins 50000/TCP in the following directory: /etc/servicesCC
Before reinstalling: Verify that each of the settings, users, directories and files listed in the topic Uninstalling Quickr Manually
have been successfully removed.
Parent topic: Uninstalling on AIX systems: qp85