Update the configuration services document to support Lotus ConnectionsAdded by IBM on June 11, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can modify the configuration service to allow navigation between Lotus® Quickr™ places and Lotus Connections services.
You can modify the configuration service to allow navigation between Lotus® Quickr™ places and Lotus Connections services.
Follow these instructions to enable integration with Lotus Connections:
Editing the configuration services document: qp85
Extending Activities to work with Lotus Quickr
Extending Lotus Connections to work with Lotus Quickr
- Check out the configuration services document. For more details, see Editing the configuration services document.
- Open the temporary file, and locate the <sloc:serviceReference> elements whose serviceName attributes correspond to the Lotus Connections services you are enabling. For example, the serviceName attribute might be "activities" or "dogear".
- Enable the service. For example, if you want to enable integration with Lotus Connections Files, locate the line <sloc:serviceReference serviceName="files" ... >. To enable HTTP communication, set enabled="true". To enable SSL communication, set ssl_enabled="true". If both enabled and ssl_enabled are true, the transport used is based on the current request.
- Ensure that the <sloc:hrefPathPrefix> element points to the correct context for your service. These values are the default values for a Lotus Connections install, and might not need to be edited.
- Edit the <sloc:static> element to make sure that the href and ssl_href attributes point to the correct server. For example, href="http://yourco.com:9080".
- To have the service appear in the global navigation when browsing pages on the Lotus Quickr server, set the isIncludedInMainNav attribute of the <sloc:serviceReference> element to true.
- To enable the search scopes for a given service, repeat steps 3 - 6 for the <sloc:searchScope> elements within the associated <sloc:serviceReference> element.
- Repeat steps 3 - 7 for each service being enabled.
- Check in the configuration services document. For more details, see Editing the configuration services document.
- Restart Lotus Quickr.