This section describes how to configure IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ for integration with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems, IBM FileNet P8 and IBM Content Manager.
IBM introduces the following two ECM services for integrating Lotus Quickr document collaboration capabilities with the comprehensive infrastructure of ECM systems, IBM FileNet P8 and IBM Content Manager:
- IBM FileNet® Services for Lotus Quickr
- IBM Content Manager Services for Lotus Quickr
This integration helps you manage and control content created by shared workgroups across your organization. Using these services, you can manage content to address your archiving and regulatory requirements and corporate governance mandates, as well as integrate the content into your business process.
More specifically, you can use these ECM services to:
- Publish Lotus Quickr documents to the two ECM systems.
- Create and manage links to documents stored in these ECM systems from Lotus Quickr libraries and rich text areas of pages.
- Store and retrieve documents of the ECM systems directly from within desktop applications, such as IBM Lotus Notes®, IBM Lotus Sametime®, Microsoft® Windows® Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office applications, and IBM Lotus Symphony by using Lotus Quickr connectors.
- Use the Custom Library portlet to store, retrieve and update data directly from ECM using Lotus Quickr.
- Search and retrieve documents available in the ECM systems from Lotus Quickr Search Center.
To be able to perform all the above operations, the subsequent topics of this section describe the required configuration steps at the Lotus Quickr server only
. For the installation of the two ECM services and the configuration at systems other than Lotus Quickr, appropriate hyperlinks have been provided to the relevant documentation.
Parent topic: Integrating with other applications: qd85
Lotus Quickr wiki
Product Documentation for FileNet P8 Platform
IBM Content Manager InfoCenter
IBM FileNet P8 Platform details on IBM site
IBM Content Manager details on IBM site