Setting up the underlying IBM® Lotus® Domino® to control directory services enables you to take advantage of the directory services and authentication methods that Lotus Domino supports.
About this task
Switching from Domino control of directory services to Lotus Quickr control is not supported because members added to places during Domino control of directory services are not recognized after the switch.
Perform the following steps to set up Lotus Domino to control directory services.
- If users are located in a secondary directory rather than the Domino server's primary Domino Directory, set up directory assistance for the secondary directory. For instructions, see the section Directory Services - Directory Assistance in the Contents view of Domino Administrator Help. Keep the following points in mind:
Perform the following steps:
- Create a Directory Assistance document for each directory that contains Lotus Quickr users.
- To use groups from a directory as place members, specify "Group Authorization" in the Directory Assistance document. Locate all such groups in one directory because you can enable this option for one directory only.
- If the secondary directory is an LDAP directory and there are distinguished names in the directory that don't conform to the Domino naming convention, use an all-asterisk naming rule in the Directory Assistance document.
- Log in to the Lotus Quickr server as an administrator.
- Click Site Administration.
- Click User Directory.
- Click Change Directory.
- In the Type list select Domino Server.
- Select one of the following options
Click Next. Make sure to complete this step so your changes take effect.
- To allow place managers to create local members, click Allow managers to create new users in each place.
- To prevent place managers from creating local members and require them to select members from a user directory, click Disallow new users.
When Domino controls directory services, you cannot use expanded membership.
What to do next
For information on setting up directory services on the Domino server, see the Directory Services section in the Contents view of Domino Administrator Help.
Parent topic: Connecting to a user directory (optional)