You can set the qpconfig.xml setting roundTripEdit enabled
to control whether round-trip editing by connectors is presented to Web browser users. Having the connectors installed enables people to make round-trip edits; that is, edit attachments and uploaded files from their native editors, such as Microsoft® Office or Lotus® Symphony™ applications, without having to open the place to access the file.
About this task
Lotus Quickr™ automatically checks a local user's system for the presence of Lotus Quickr Connectors, except for the situation when the server is installed in an HTTPS-secured environment. To be able to perform round-trip editing on content stored on Lotus Quickr places secured by HTTPS, the administrator needs to enable a qpconfig.xml setting that prompts users to specify whether or not they have the connectors installed locally. Round-trip editing cannot work without a connector in this situation.
- Open the qpconfig.xml file in the Domino® data directory or create the file from the qpconfig_sample.xml if it does not exist already.
- Locate the setting: <connectors> <roundTripEdit enabled="always | never | check" /> </connectors>.
Set the enabled attribute to your desired choice.
Save your changes, and then open qpconfig.xml file in your browser to ensure that the xml is well formed.
Type the following command to restart the HTTP task so that the server recognizes the changes:
- always: Always shows round-trip editing actions on web pages. The browser does not check for existence of connectors on user's desktop.
- never: Never show round-trip editing actions on web pages. The browser does not check for existence of connectors on user's desktop.
- check (default): Check user's desktop for existence of connectors and show round-trip editing actions if the connectors are installed. To prevent a warning message from appearing in Web browsers connected to HTTPS protected servers, the user will be shown a preferences dialog to select whether connectors are installed.
restart task http
Users will see a choice for Preferences
on the Place Actions menu. Also, the first time they choose the Edit action for an uploaded file or attachment, they will be prompted to select whether or not they have installed the connectors.
Parent topic: Managing places using My Places and qptool commands