You can use operating system commands to copy a PlaceType from one server to another.
About this task
A PlaceType consists of a set of Notes database files (NSF files) in the AreaTypes subdirectory on the server. For example, if you create a PlaceType called RapidResponse, and IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ is installed in the C:\lotus\domino directory, the NSF files for RapidResponse would be stored in the following location:
Perform the following steps to copy a PlaceType from one server to another. These steps refer to the server from which you are copying as Server A and the server to which you are copying as Server B.
- On server B, create a subdirectory for the PlaceType in x:\Lotus\Domino\data\LotusQuickr\AreaTypes, where x is the drive on which Lotus Quickr installed. Give the subdirectory the name of the PlaceType.
- Copy the PlaceType files from server A to the subdirectory you created on server B.
- If the PlaceType has PlaceBots, you must sign the agents in the database using the server ID of the current server, that is, server B. For more information on signing a database, see Domino Designer Help.
- Perform the following steps to add the copied PlaceType on Server B to the Server B PlaceTypes list:
- Log in to the server as an administrator.
- Click Work with Templates.
- Click Refresh List.
Parent topic: Managing templates (PlaceTypes)