Creating a PlaceBotAdded by IBM on September 9, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|To create a PlaceBot, name the PlaceBot, specify when it should run, and import the files for the PlaceBot. The files can be either Java or LotusScript files.
To create a PlaceBot, name the PlaceBot, specify when it should run, and import the files for the PlaceBot. The files can be either Java or LotusScript files.
Perform the following steps:
- Log in to a place in which to create the PlaceBot, and click Customize -> PlaceBots.
- Click New PlaceBot.
- Type a title for your PlaceBot.
- Optional: Enter a description of what the PlaceBot does.
- Perform one of the following actions to specify when the PlaceBot should run:
Import the Java (.java, .class, .jar, or .zip) or LotusScript (.lss) file or files for the PlaceBot.
- To run the PlaceBot when any page created from a particular form is published, select When a form is submitted, and then select a form.
- To run the PlaceBot at a scheduled time, click Set Schedule, complete the fields in the page as desired, and click Next.
You can run a PlaceBot manually after you have created it by clicking Customize
-> Run PlaceBot
Java PlaceBot files: qd85
You can use a Java PlaceBot file or files to access and process data in your place. IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ supports Java version 5.0.
LotusScript PlaceBot files: qd85
You can use a LotusScript PlaceBot file or files to access and process data in your place. For example, you can use LotusScript to change a value in one document based on values in other documents or to modify a place's access control list.
Parent topic: Automating tasks with PlaceBots: qd85