Creating a policyAdded by IBM on September 9, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Policies allow you to set limits on place size and days of inactivity.
Policies allow you to set limits on place size and days of inactivity.
When creating policies, an administrator can set the policies to send out customized e-mail messages to place managers or place members when places approach the limits defined in the policies or become locked due to policy violations. To check that places are running under the policy limits, an enforcement agent is set to run by default once a night.
- From Place Administration, click Policies -> Create new policy.
- Enter a name for your policy in the Policy Name field. The name you enter in this field is case-sensitive and must be unique.
- Define the limits and warning values for your policy. Note: You can create a policy with only warning values where the place is not locked when the values are exceeded.
- To place a maximum size limit on a current or future place, ensure that Lock this place when it reaches this size is selected and add the appropriate value. By default, this option is not selected. You can enter a value of 0 to 262,143 MB. To alert place managers or all place members by e-mail that a place is approaching the size limit, enter a warning size percentage.
- To place an expiration limit on a place due to a specific number of days of inactivity, ensure that Lock this place when it has been inactive for is selected and add the appropriate value. You can enter a value of 0 to 65,535 days. To alert place managers or all place members by e-mail that a place is approaching the expiration limit, enter a warning limit in days.
- Create the messages sent for policy violations and for places that approach the policy limits. Select All place members or Managers Only to send a message for policy violations and for places that approach the policy limits to the appropriate team members.
- Click OK to finish creating the policy.
Parent topic: Managing policies: qd85