After the creation of new places, rooms, and PlaceTypes, use the qptool replicamaker
command to create replica stubs for them on other servers in a cluster.
Note that after creation of the replica stubs, cluster replication or standard replication must then replicate the new places, rooms, and PlaceTypes to populate them initially and then keep them synchronized. Also if each server in the cluster has its own Place Catalog, an additional step is needed on the clustered servers to register new places, rooms, and PlaceTypes (load qptool register -p place).
does the following:
- Creates replica stubs for MAIN.NSF and CONTACTS1.NSF on the local server or another server when a place or PlaceType is created.
- Makes a new copy of SEARCH.NSF on the local server or another server when a place is created.
- Creates replica stubs on the local server or another server for any new rooms.
The following describes the arguments for qptool replicamaker
Table 1. Arguments for qptool replicamaker
|-?||Prints help on the command.|
|-s sourceserver ||The name of one server involved with the replication. If not specified, default is the local server. If you don't use -s, you must use -t. |
|-t targetserver ||The name of another server involved with the replication. If not specified, default is the local server. If you don't use -t, you must use -s.|
|-a||Creates replica stubs for all new places, rooms, and PlaceTypes.|
|-p place(s) ||Creates replica stubs for a specific new place or stubs for a space-separated list of new places. |
|-pt placetype(s) ||Creates replica stubs for a specified PlaceType or stubs for a space-separated list of PlaceTypes.|
You cannot use XML input and output files with this command.
To ensure that replica stubs of new places, rooms and PlaceTypes are created quickly and that replication then populates the places, rooms, and PlaceTypes quickly, do the following:
- Create Program documents in the Domino Directory that runs the qptool replicamaker command with the -a argument between the servers in a cluster every 10 minutes. If there are more than two servers in the cluster, you must use more than one Program document to run the qptool replicamaker command to ensure that replica stubs are created on all servers in the cluster.
- Schedule non-cluster replication between all servers in the cluster to occur at least every 20 minutes, to compensate for any lags in cluster replication.
For more information on Program documents and on scheduling replication, see Domino Administrator Help.
To configure qptool replicamaker
to run in verbose mode, so that all activity and errors are logged to the server console to help identify any problems as they arise, use the notes.ini setting QuickPlaceStubMakerLogging=3.
To create replica stubs manually, enter the following command at the server console:
load qptool replicamaker arguments
The following table provides examples of qptool replicamaker
Table 2. Examples of qptool replicamaker
|Do either of the following:|
- For the new place P1 on the local server, create replica stubs on the server Server2/Acme.
- For the new place P1 on Server2/Acme, create replica stubs on the local server.
|Either of the following:|
>load qptool replicamaker -p P1 -t Server2/Acme
>load qptool replicamaker -p P1 -s Server2/Acme
|For all new places, rooms, and PlaceTypes created on the local server, create replica stubs on Server2Acme. And for all new places, rooms, and PlaceTypes on Server2/Acme, create replicate stubs on the local server. ||Either of the following:|
>load qptool replicamaker -t Server2/Acme -a
>load qptool replicamaker -s Server2/Acme -a
Parent topic: Maintaining a cluster: qd85