IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ supports several features in Lotus Connections and is correspondingly supported by them.
The following features are available:
The communities-quickr-config.xml file
- Lotus Connections Profile business card display for Lotus Quickr users
- From a Lotus Connections activity a user can publish content to a Lotus Quickr library
- From a Lotus Connections community a user can create a Lotus Quickr place, wiki, or blog
The attribute values that initially appear in the communities-quickr-config.xml file are dictated by choices you make during the installation process. If you need to change your default configuration, refer to this sample of the communities-quickr-config.xml file.
Parent topic: Integrating with other applications
Integrating Lotus Connections and Lotus Quickr
The following steps provide an overview of the process of integrating Lotus Connections and IBM Lotus Quickr.
Before you begin
The Lotus Quickr server, Lotus Connections server, and Lotus Domino® server must use the same LDAP server and be in the same domain.
Refer to the Lotus Quickr wiki
for the most recent deployment details for Siteminder, the HTTP server, proxy servers, and Tivoli Access Manager.
- On the Lotus Connections server: enable Lotus Quickr integration with the Connections Activities feature so that users can publish a file in an activity to a Lotus Quickr library to share it with a larger group or to store the file. Important tasks are as follows:
On the Lotus Connections server: enable Lotus Quickr integration with the Connections Community feature so that community members can organize and share files, and collaborate on documents from a central location.
- Edit the configuration property settings of Activities in the oaconfig.xml: qd851 file on the Activities server to allow users to publish file attachments from an activity to a Lotus Quickr library.
- Provide a list (QuickrWhitelistProvider) of the supported Lotus Quickr servers to the proxy server, so that it honors any requests made for access to one of the supported Lotus Quickr servers.
- Set up SSO between Lotus Connections and Lotus Quickr before installing the Lotus Connections Connector for Quickr.
- Make sure all running servers have the same OS time zone, date, and time.
- Install the Lotus Connections Connector for Quickr on the Lotus Connections server. During installation of the Lotus Connections Connector for Lotus Quickr, you are prompted to enable Lotus Quickr users to associate wiki or team place placetypes with a community. Users would need to click a checkbox under Associated Applications to associate the wiki or team place with the community being created. Your installation decisions are captured in the communities-quickr-config.xml file. As administrator you can edit this configuration file to add up to five Lotus Quickr server/placetype template combinations.
- Optional: Edit Lotus Quickr settings for use with communities in the communities-quickr-config.xml file on the Lotus Connections server (stored in <WAS_HOME
See Editing the Lotus Quickr configuration file for more information.
- If desired, you can change the settings for when the QuickrDelayedSync task runs in the communities-quickr-config.xml (on one server in a cluster only). QuickrDelayedSync (enabled by default) is a task that propagates changes to Lotus Quickr at a later time if the Lotus Quickr server is down when a community change occurs. You can change the following values:
- comm:startDelay The delay in minutes before the task starts. Default is 60 minutes.
- comm:taskInterval The delay in minutes between consecutive tasks. Default is 60 minutes.
- comm:daysBackToScan Limits the search for communities changes. The default value of 14 means that only communities that have been modified in the past two weeks (14 days) will be checked for missed propagations.
On the Lotus Quickr server: configure the <profile_server> section of the qpconfig.xml file (located in the server's domino_data_root directory) to include a link to the business card as shown in the following example:
- If you have not already done so, check IBM Fix Central to download fixes and patches for Lotus Connections and particularly, for interim Fixes that support integration with Lotus Quickr for Domino
If you are integrating with Lotus Connections 2.5.0.*, you need to modify it like this:
If you are integrating with Lotus Connections 3.0, you need to modify it like this:
- servername is the name of the profile server
- javelin_tag_location is the location of the javelin tag
You need to restart the server after making the changes in qpconfig.xml.
Users can hover over a person's name to invoke the action Click here to view business card
, then click it to see the Connections profile card.