Installing IBM Lotus Quickr on WindowsAdded by IBM on September 9, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ is installed on a Microsoft® Windows® system using a wizard.
IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ is installed on a Microsoft® Windows® system using a wizard.
Perform the following steps to install Lotus Quickr on a Microsoft Windows system.
- Stop the Lotus Domino® server by typing exit or quit in the server command window.
- Stop any other Windows programs that are running.
- Stop any Web applications that listen on TCP/IP port 80. Skype is an example of a web application.
- If you are installing from a network drive, navigate to the directory that contains the installation kit. If you are installing from physical media, such as a CD or DVD, insert it into the appropriate drive to start the installation.
- Open the Server folder and double-click the setup.exe file located in the w32 directory on the media.
- In the Software License Agreement window, click Accept.
- In the Welcome window, click Next.
- In the Choose Destination Location window, select the directory that stores the Lotus Domino program files, and then click Next.
- In the Start Copying Files window, review the directory path names that are displayed, and if they are correct, click Next to begin the installation.
- After installation is complete, the Lotus Quickr Server Configuration window opens automatically. Click Next.
- In the Specify name and password window, type the user name and password to create an account for the first Lotus Quickr server administrator. Verify the password. Specify the name for a new, local administrator.
Note: Do not specify the name of the Lotus Domino server administrator or any other name from a user directory that Lotus Quickr uses. This local account is commonly referred to as the qpadmin or qradmin account.
- In the Congratulations window, click Finish.
Parent topic: Installing on Windows: qd85
Previous topic: Preparing Lotus Domino to install Lotus Quickr on Windows: qd85
Next topic: Modifying TCPIP registry settings on Windows servers: qd85