Installing Lotus Quickr on a Linux operating systemAdded by IBM on September 9, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ can be installed using a wizard on a Lotus Domino® server running aLinux® operating system. To install using a command line interface, see the next topic "Performing a silent installation of Lotus Quickr on a Linux operating system."
IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ can be installed using a wizard on a Lotus Domino® server running aLinux® operating system. To install using a command line interface, see the next topic "Performing a silent installation of Lotus Quickr on a Linux operating system."
- Perform the following steps to install Lotus Quickr on a Linux system.
- Install IBM Lotus Domino version 8.5.1 Fix Pack 3.
- Select Domino Enterprise Server as the server type.
- If you install partitioned Lotus Domino servers so that you can install Lotus Quickr on each partition, when you configure the Lotus Domino server for TCP/IP, assign a separate IP address to each partition rather than using port mapping. For more information, see the topic Partitioned servers and IP addresses in the Lotus Domino Information Center.
- If you have partitioned Lotus Domino servers and only some of them run Lotus Quickr, you should keep the executable Lotus Domino code for the Lotus Quickr servers separate from the Lotus Domino code for the non-Quickr servers. That is, when installing Lotus Domino servers to run Lotus Quickr, specify a program directory different from the one used by non-Quickr servers. By keeping the code libraries separate for Lotus Quickr and non-Quickr servers, you have more flexibility managing fixes and updates. If a particular Lotus Domino fix is needed only for Lotus Quickr servers, then you do not need to install it on your other Lotus Domino servers.
- Lotus Quickr can work in a mixed Lotus Domino environment containing servers running a combination of versions 8.5.1, 8.5 or 8.0.
- Run the Lotus Domino server setup program.
- Select to set up HTTP services.
- Use a Lotus Domino server certifier that includes no more than two organizational units (OUs). For example, the certifier /OU=Dallas/OU=Div1/O=Acme is acceptable, but the certifier /OU=Sales/OU=Dallas/OU=Div1/O=Acme is not acceptable. Otherwise the internal names of local users defined in Lotus Quickr places are truncated and these users are not able to log in to the Lotus Quickr server.
- Specify a required local user as the local administrator at the end of the installation.
- Stop the Lotus Domino server by typing exit or quit in the server command window.
Important: All Domino processes must be stopped.
- Open a terminal window and log in to the Domino server as a root user. Lotus Quickr installation must be done by root.
- Copy the <quickrdominolinuxname>.tar file to a directory on the server that has read, write, and execute permissions.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the <quickrdominolinuxname>.tar file.
- Enter this command to expand the tar file:
tar -xvf <quickrdominolinuxname>.tar
- Navigate to the server directory that was created when the tar file was expanded.
- Enter this command to start the wizard:
- In the Welcome window, press Tab to begin the installation.
- The license agreement is displayed. When you have read the agreement, press 1 to accept the agreement and continue with the installation.
Note: Many of the following steps require that you accept a default or type a new value. To change a default, press Enter and type a new value. After you enter a new setting, press Tab to accept the change and continue with the installation.
- Specify the Lotus Domino program directory as the directory where the Lotus Quickr program files are installed. The default Lotus Domino program directory is opt/ibm/lotus. You must install the Lotus Quickr program files to the directory that stores the Lotus Domino program files. Press Tab to continue.
- Specify the Lotus Domino data directory as the directory where the Lotus Quickr data files are installed. The default Lotus Domino data directory is /local/notesdata. You must install the Lotus Quickr data files into the directory that stores the Lotus Domino data files. Press Tab to continue.
- Specify the Linux user who owns the Lotus Quickr server files. This person must be the same user who owns the Lotus Domino server files.
- Specify the Linux group that owns the Lotus Quickr server files. This group must be the same group that owns the Lotus Domino server files. The Linux user specified in the previous step must be a member of this group.
- Type the name and password of the first Lotus Quickr administrator. Specify the name for a new, local administrator. Do not specify the name of the Lotus Domino server administrator or any other name from a user directory that Lotus Quickr uses.
- When the installation program displays Configuration of the Install program is complete, press Tab to review your installation settings. For example:
Installation type: New Install
Program directory: /opt/ibm/lotus
Data directory: /local/notesdata
Domino UNIX user: Domino_user setup at Domino install
Domino UNIX group: Domino_group setup at Domino install
- Press Tab to install Lotus Quickr.
- After a successful installation, change from root to the Domino user specified in the installation settings. For example: su - Domino_user
- Navigate to the Lotus Domino data directory specified in the installation settings.
- Launch Lotus Domino: /opt/ibm/lotus/bin/server, where /opt/ibm/lotus is the location of the Domino server program files
Parent topic: Installing on SUSE Linux operating systems: qd85