Before installing IBM® Lotus® Quickr™, you must install a compatible release of IBM Lotus Domino® and configure it for IBM Lotus Quickr.
For complete instructions about configuring a Lotus Domino server, see the Domino documentation available on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/
When installing and configuring Lotus Domino, be aware of the following limitations:
- Your Lotus Domino server must be bound to the IP address prepared for use with Lotus Quickr. Before you begin, you must complete the previous task Preparing your TCP/IP configuration.
- Use a Lotus Domino server certifier that includes no more than two organizational units (OUs). For example, the certifier /OU=Dallas/OU=Div1/O=Example is acceptable, but the certifier /OU=Sales/OU=Dallas/OU=Div1/O=Example is not acceptable. If you use more than two OUs, the internal names of local users defined in Lotus Quickr places are truncated and these users are unable to log in to the server.
- The local administrator specified at the end of the installation is a required local user.
To bind the Lotus Domino server to the IP address set aside for Lotus Quickr, follow these steps:
- Open the server document of the Lotus Domino server.
- Select Internet Protocols.
- Select the HTTP tab.
- In the Host name(s) field, enter the TCP/IP address set aside for Lotus Quickr.
- In the Bind to host name field, select Enabled.
- Restart the Lotus Domino server for changes to take effect.
Parent topic: Installing on IBM i: qd85