IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ can be installed on an IBM i system by running the RSTLICPGM command.
If you are upgrading an existing Lotus Quickr server, see Upgrading a Lotus Quickr server on IBM i
To install Lotus Quickr, follow these steps:
- Review the hardware and software requirements on the IBM Support site.
- Review the known issues that are described on the IBM Support site. To see only installation issues, select Installation in the Product Category list.
- Sign on to your system with a user profile that has the required authority.
To install and set up Lotus Quickr, your IBM i user profile must have the following special authorities:
- All object access (*ALLOBJ)
- Security administration (*SECADM)
- System configuration (*IOSYSCFG)
- Job control (*JOBCTL)
- From the IBM i command line, run the appropriate command for installing from a downloaded image or physical media.
- Installing from a downloaded image
Installing from physical media
- Use the RSTLICPGM command to install from the save file you created when you downloaded the installation package. This example uses the save file MYLIB/QQUICKR:
RSTLICPGM LICPGM(5724S31) DEV(*SAVF) LNG(2924) SAVF(MYLIB/QQUICKR)
- When you are prompted to accept the Sametime® software agreement, you must accept it in order to continue.
- Insert the Lotus Quickr disk in your system optical drive and run the RSTLICPGM command, specifying the correct name of the optical device:
RSTLICPGM LICPGM(5724S31) DEV(OPT01) LNG(2924)
The system loads the Lotus Quickr programs to the appropriate libraries and /QIBM directories. You will see status messages as the system installs the software.
Parent topic: Installing on IBM i: qd85
Verifying your IBM i library list
While a single version of IBM® Lotus® Quickr supports multiple languages, the Lotus Quickr language feature for the Quickr licensed program is packaged using the English language feature code.
If the primary language of your system is not English, follow these steps to verify that QSYS2924 is in your library list:
If the primary language of your system is English, you do not need to modify your library list.
- From an IBM i command line, type the following command and press Enter:
- On the Work with System Values display, type a 2 next to QSYSLIBL and press Enter.
- On the Change System Value display, check whether QSYS2924 is included in the list. If it is listed, press F3 to exit. If it is not listed, proceed to step 4.
- Type QSYS2924 next to Sequence Number 0 and press Enter.
- Press F3 to exit.
- If you changed the library list, sign off the system and sign back on to activate the new library list.