You can move a place from one current-release server to another.
About this task
Perform the following steps:
- Enter the following command at the server console to make an archive copy of the place before you move it:
load qptool archive -p placename -dir archive_directory
- Enter the following command at the server console to unregister the place from the Place Catalog:
load qptool unregister -p placename
- Use a file system command to copy the place's directory and contents from the domino_data_root\LotusQuickr directory on the original server to the same location on the target server.
- Enter the following command to unlock the place on the target server:
load qptool unlock -p placename
- Enter the following command on the target server to update place information in the place and in the Place Catalog:
load qptool register -p placename -install
- Enter the following command to delete the place from the original server:
load qptool remove -p placename
What to do next
If the original and target servers use different user directories, and the external members of a place have different distinguished names in each directory, use the qptool changemember
command to change the names in the place so these users can continue to access it.
Parent topic: Managing places using My Places and qptool commands