Pre-accepting the IBM Lotus Quickr software agreements before starting installationAdded by IBM on September 9, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|To speed up installation on IBM® i, you can "pre-accept" the IBM Lotus® Quickr™ software agreements before starting installation.
To speed up installation on IBM® i, you can "pre-accept" the IBM Lotus® Quickr™ software agreements before starting installation.
If you are installing IBM Lotus Quickr from physical media, you should display and accept the Lotus Quickr software agreements before starting the installation. If you do not pre-accept the software agreements, the installation process will restore the product to the system, but then stop and wait for you to accept the agreements before completing the installation. Skip this task if installing from a downloaded image
To accept the Lotus Quickr software agreements before installing:
- Insert the Lotus Quickr physical media into the optical drive of your system.
- Enter the following command on an IBM i command line:
The Work with Licensed Programs window displays.
- From the Work with Licensed Programs menu, select option 5 (Prepare for install) and press Enter. The Prepare for Install window displays.
- Type 1 in the option field next to Work with software agreements. Press Enter.
When the Work with Software Agreements window displays, you see all IBM licensed programs that require software agreement acceptance and whether the agreement has been accepted. Only licensed programs that are not yet installed display. The software agreements for Lotus Quickr do not display in the list until you restore them from the physical media in a later step.
- Press F22 (Shift+F10) to restore the software agreements from the Lotus Quickr physical media.
For the Device parameter, specify the name of your optical drive, for example, OPT01. Press Enter to restore the Lotus Quickr software agreements to the system.
- After the software agreements are restored from the Lotus Quickr physical media, the following message displays: Waiting for reply to message on message queue QSYSOPR. You can sign on to another session to respond to the message or ask the system operator to respond.
To view and respond to the message from another session:
- Enter the following command on an IBM i command line: wrkmsgq qsysopr
- Select option 5 to display the messages in the QSYSOPR message queue.
- Locate the following message in the queue: Load the next volume in optical device OPT01. (X G)
The Lotus Quickr software agreements have already been restored. If you want to restore more software agreements from another CD/DVD, insert the next and enter G . When the software agreements have been restored from the next CD/DVD, the message is issued again. When you are done, enter X.
The Work with software agreements window includes an entry for Lotus Quickr: Licensed Program 5724S31.
- Next to the entry for Licensed Program 5724S31, type 5 in the option field and press Enter to display the software agreement. Then, press F14 (Accept) to accept the terms of the software agreement.
Parent topic: Installing on IBM i: qd85