You upgrade to Lotus® Quickr version 8.5 from an implementation of Lotus Quickr 8.2.
If you are using IBM® Lotus QuickPlace® Version 7.0, you must first upgrade to Lotus Quickr Version 8.0 or 126.96.36.199, and then upgrade to Version 8.1. Once you have upgraded to Quickr 8.1, follow the steps in this section to upgrade to 8.2. Refer to the appropriate instructions for upgrading to Quickr 8.0 or 188.8.131.52 in the Lotus Quickr Version 8.0 information center
Before you upgrade, you need to review specific documentation and back up places and PlaceTypes. Places and PlaceTypes are assets that are critical to your organization and need to be backed up before upgrading.
- Review the following information:
- Review the known issues that are described on the IBM Support site. To see just upgrade issues, select Upgrade in the Product Category list.
- Review Lotus Quickr Version 8.2 detailed system requirements to verify that the components in your environment meet minimum product levels. Upgrade all hardware and software as needed.
- Make sure you have Lotus Domino® 8.5.1 Fix Pack 3 available since Lotus Quickr requires the 8.5.1 version of Lotus Domino to run. At the appropriate time, the steps later in this section will direct you to upgrade the version of Domino on your Lotus Quickr server. For more information about planning the upgrade to Lotus Domino 8.5.1, see Upgrade Central: Planning your upgrade to Lotus Notes® / Domino 8.5.1.
- Make backup copies of all of the subfolders in the Lotus Domino server's data directory.
Save the backup copies to different media from the media your organization uses for its standard backup process. Do not rely solely on your organization's standard backup process, because it might delete backup copies too quickly.
- Record any explicitly locked places before migration so that you can lock them again manually if needed after the upgrade process is finished.
After upgrading, the qptool command to unlock all places needs to be run so that places can be processed by the subsequent qptool commands. After all operations complete, all locked places will be unlocked. Some policy locked places will be locked again when the policy agent runs in the next time; but for places locked by a user manually, the lock status will not recover automatically.
- Verify the backup media by restoring it. If this step is not possible, make duplicate backup copies.
- Save the backup copies in a secure location for at least several months.
Now you are ready to begin the upgrade process.
Setting up a staging environment to perform an upgrade: qd85
Before implementing Lotus Quickr in a production environment, you should consider setting up a staging environment that enables you to perform a side-by-side upgrade to test how well the upgrade process handles any custom themes and placetypes from your Lotus Quickr 8.2 implementation.
Parent topic: Upgrading: qd85
Previous topic: Upgrade overview: qd85
Next topic: Starting to upgrade: qd85
Lotus Quickr 81 detailed system requirements
Lotus Domino Documentation