By default, place managers and owners can create rooms in their places. As an Administrator, you can prohibit these users from creating rooms by configuring appropriate settings in the qpconfig.xml file.
Perform the following steps:
- Locate the qpconfig.xml file in the domino_data_root directory, or create the file if it does not exist already. If the qpconfig.xml file does not exist, make a copy of the qpconfig_sample.xml file in the domino_data_directory and name the copy qpconfig.xml.
- Make sure there is a <rooms> section in the file. If there is no <rooms> section, copy that section from the qpconfig_sample.xml file.
- In the <create> child-element, type false for the enabled attribute.
- Save the qpconfig.xml file.
- Enter the following command at the server console to restart the HTTP task on the server.
The following example shows the qpconfig.xml file when the room creation is prohibited:
<create enabled = "false">
Parent topic: Configuring services for Lotus Domino: qd85