If a place used to create a PlaceType is modified, you can use the PlaceTypes room in the administration place to initiate the qptool refresh
command to do a basic refresh of the PlaceType. If you use this method, at the same time you refresh you can modify the description that users see, the image, and the URL provided to users for more information.
Perform the following steps:
- Log in to the server as an administrator.
- Click Work with Templates.
- Click the name of the PlaceType you want to refresh.
- Click Edit.
- Select Yes, copy changes and update the information below.
- Optional: Type or edit a description to display next to the PlaceType in the list of PlaceTypes.
- Optional: Select an image file that contains a "thumbnail sketch" of a page in the PlaceType. The image file must be a GIF or JPG file, and the image itself should be no larger than 100 pixels by 80 pixels. The thumbnail sketch appears next to the PlaceType name in the list.
- Below Optionally, you can provide a URL for users to visit for more information, specify a URL to a Web page containing more information. The PlaceType will display a "More info" link.
- Click Next.
Step 5 starts qptool refresh
in the background. If qptool refresh
is already running when you click Next
, the PlaceType is not refreshed since only one instance of the command can run at a time. Check the server console to determine whether a PlaceType has been refreshed.
Parent topic: Refreshing places and PlaceTypes: qd85