Running Lotus Domino server setup on WindowsAdded by IBM on December 16, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|After IBM® Lotus® Domino® is installed on a Microsoft® Windows® system, it must be configured before IBM Lotus Quickr™ can be installed.
After IBM® Lotus® Domino® is installed on a Microsoft® Windows® system, it must be configured before IBM Lotus Quickr™ can be installed.
About this task
Run the Lotus Domino server setup program by clicking the Domino server icon located on the desktop.
Perform the following steps to configure Lotus Domino on a Microsoft Windows system.
- In the Server setup window, select Set up the first server or a stand-alone server.
- In the Provide a server name and title window, type the server name and server title for the Lotus Domino server
- In the Choose your organization name window, type the organization name and Organizer Certifier password.
Note: Use a Lotus Domino server certifier that includes no more than two organizational units (OUs). For example, the certifier /OU=Dallas/OU=Div1/O=Acme is acceptable, but the certifier /OU=Sales/OU=Dallas/OU=Div1/O=Acme is not acceptable. When you use more than two OUs, the internal names of local users defined in Lotus Quickr places are truncated and these users are unable to log in to the server. The local administrator specified at the end of this installation procedure is a required local user.
- In the Choose the Domino domain name window, type the Domino domain name for the Lotus Domino server
- In the Specify an Administer name and password window, type the name of the Domino administrator and the administrator password.
- Select Also save a local copy of the id file and click Next.
- Select Web browsers (HTTP services).
- Consider whether to leave the Directory services (LDAP services) option selected, and click Next.
You can run the LDAP task, but with a large number of users, you might affect performance.
- Optional: For the Secure your Domino Server option, you can clear the Prohibit Anonymous access to all databases and templates option if the nature of your content is not proprietary or confidential.
- Review your server setup options and click Setup to begin the server setup.
Parent topic: Preparing Lotus Domino to install Lotus Quickr on Windows
Previous topic: Installing Lotus Domino on Windows
Next topic: Configure an existing Lotus Domino server (optional)