Upgrading a Lotus Quickr server on IBM iAdded by IBM on December 16, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can upgrade an existing IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ 8.2 server to Lotus Quickr 8.5 on IBM i.
You can upgrade an existing IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ 8.2 server to Lotus Quickr 8.5 on IBM i.
About this task
To upgrade an existing Lotus Quickr 8.2 server to Lotus Quickr 8.5 on IBM i:
- Make sure you have completed the steps in the Preparing to upgrade topic.
- Sign on to your system with a user profile that has the required authority. To upgrade Lotus Quickr, your IBM i user profile must have the following special authorities:
End any existing Domino® servers on your system. After ending the servers, be sure that any active Domino subsystems are also ended.
Delete any Lotus Quickr hotfixes if they are installed.
- All object access (*ALLOBJ)
- Security administration (*SECADM)
- System configuration (*IOSYSCFG)
- Job control (*JOBCTL)
Delete the Lotus Quickr licensed program by typing the following command and pressing Enter:
To see a list of Lotus Quickr hotfixes, type the following IBM i command and press Enter
To delete the hotfixes, type the following command and press Enter
Upgrade each Lotus Quickr server to Lotus Domino release 8.5.1 Fix Pack 3 if you have not done so already. The specific steps for upgrading to Lotus Domino 8.5.1 Fix Pack 3 on IBM i are available here.
Start the Lotus Domino server and use Domino Administrator to edit the Server document. Verify that the "Fully qualified internet host name" field on the Basics tab contains the fully qualified name of the Domino server and not the name of the system. If necessary, edit the field and save the Server document.
End all Lotus Domino servers.
If installing from a downloaded image, complete the steps in Preparing to install Lotus Quickr from a downloaded image on IBM i.
If installing from physical media, complete the steps in Pre-accepting the IBM Lotus Quickr software agreements before starting installation.
From the IBM i command line, run the appropriate command for installing from a downloaded image or physical media.
- Installing from a downloaded image
Installing from physical media
- Use the RSTLICPGM command to install from the save file you created when you downloaded the installation package. This example uses the save file MYLIB/QQUICKR:
RSTLICPGM LICPGM(5724S31) DEV(*SAVF) LNG(2924) SAVF(MYLIB/QQUICKR)
- When you are prompted to accept the Sametime® software agreement, you must accept it in order to continue.
- Insert the Lotus Quickr disk in your system optical drive and run the RSTLICPGM command, specifying the correct name of the optical device:
RSTLICPGM LICPGM(5724S31) DEV(OPT01) LNG(2924)
The system loads the Lotus Quickr programs to the appropriate libraries and /QIBM directories. You will see status messages as the system installs the software.
Start the Lotus Quickr server.
Note: When you start the Domino server you also start the Lotus Quickr server.
Proceed to Completing the upgrade.
Parent topic: Starting to upgrade