What's new in the Lotus Quickr Connectors: qc85Added by IBM on July 1, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Many new features and functionality are available in Lotus® Quickr™ Connectors.
Many new features and functionality are available in Lotus® Quickr™ Connectors.
The latest updates to the Lotus Quickr Connectors are as follows:
- Across all connectors users can take advantage of the following new features and functionality:
- Send folders, documents, and pages to Trash and restore them as needed. For example, after deleting a document within Lotus Symphony, a user can navigate to the place connector for Microsoft® Explorer to open the place's Trash bin either to permanently delete or to restore the document.
Note: The Trash view does not refresh automatically so users should make sure to refresh the Trash view manually (press F5) after restoring content to verify that the restored items have been returned to their original locations. This feature is not available currently on the Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Portal server.
- Work with an existing place library page and any attachments from a connector just as you would if you had accessed the page within the place's library itself. Pages appear in a connector's place list alphabetically as typical documents and are listed under folders. You see all the library's pages except for comments.
Note: This feature is not available currently on the Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Portal server.
- Launch a search of a place by clicking Search in Browser.
- Require that users specify certain properties when creating documents in places and ECM repositories.
- Override the default preference to upload drafts automatically whenever changes are made and saved to a local draft and instead to upload drafts on an as-needed basis. In certain environments an automatic upload could increase server load to an unacceptable level so the option is available to give place members the ability to decide when to upload.
- Integrated Windows Authentication (SPNEGO) enabled out of the box so that end users can use their Windows® login credentials to access the Lotus Quickr server.
- Using the place connector for Microsoft Office, users can exploit the updated Lotus Quickr Ribbon Tab Add-in for Microsoft Office 2007 if they use the Add-in tab. All activities that users can perform from this connector are available on the Places tab in the Office ribbon, which appears next to the Add-In tab. The Ribbon is an enhancement of the previous toolbar and menu options that were available for earlier versions of Microsoft Office as well as previous versions of the connectors installed in Microsoft Office 2007. The toolbar also exists for versions of Microsoft Office prior to 2007.
- Using the place connector for Lotus Notes®, users can save all attachments in a single action when sending or receiving an e-mail with several attachments. A user can open the e-mail, right-click one of the file attachments, and then click Save All to a Place. There is an improved link format in Lotus Notes and users can copy and paste documents as attachments
Note: This feature requires a Lotus Notes client version of 8.5 or higher.
- Using the place connector for Lotus Symphony, users can exploit the following additional features and functionality:
- The connector executable (qkrconn.exe) now includes the place connector for Lotus Symphony.
- Users can double-click a document from the place connector for Windows Explorer and have it open in Lotus Symphony. The file will be recognized successfully as a Lotus Quickr-managed document.
- Security facilities are improved to integrate with the latest authentication modules, Basic, SiteMinder, Windows SSO, inheriting from previous releases of Lotus Quickr, and also provide extension point to be extended to integrate customized authentication module.
- More than 30 legacy defect fixes are integrated.
- Improved performance and user interface responsiveness because of threading technology that detaches almost all the network-centric operations into separated threads.
Parent topic: Product overview: qc85