In this article we will create a simple "Hello World" sample to show how to create macros in Symphony. Taking the following steps, we create a Symphony spreadsheet which will pop up a "Hello World" dialog whenever we save the document.
1. Open a new Symphony spreadsheet document.
2. Use Tools -> Macros -> Macros... to open the Macros dialog.
3. On the left hand of the dialog, find the newly opened document. Single click it. Then click the "New" button on the right to create a new module.
4. In the following dialog, you can choose to use the default name "Module1" or assign another name to the new module. Here we choose to use the default name.
5. In the opened Symphony Macro IDE window, type the code as follows:
6. Open the Macros dialog. Click the "Assign" button on the right
7. In the opened Customize dialog, choose an event to assign our macro code. Here we choose the "Save Document" event.
8. In the opened Run Macros dialog, choose the macro that we created.
9. Here we finish. Every time we save this spreadsheet, a "Hello World" dialog will pop up automatically.