Exception java.util.MissingResourceException from UIController using MashupHUb after upgrage from 1.0 to 18.104.22.168.
Uncaught exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet: UIController. Exception thrown : java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key searchtypes.myfavorites
The installation being upgraded is the early English-Only release of Mashup Hub v 1.0. The National Language Version (NLV, released early Aug 2008) is required for the upgrade to version 22.214.171.124.
File existance identification of English-Only or NLV version:
The English only release will have FIVE *.properties files in the directory:
\IBM Mashup Center\Hub\installedApps\Mashup Hub.ear\mashuphub-enterprise.war\WEB-INF\classes\com\ibm\mashuphub\ui\nls
These files are the English version. The NLV version has multiple variants of each file, one for each language supported.
If you have installed the English-Only version of Mashup Center you can upgrade it to the NLV by installing the attached PAK file (properties-update.pak).
Apply the properties-update.pak updates in the same manner as the version 126.96.36.199 PAK file:
1. Verify that the WebSphere Application Server is shutdown.
2. In the IBM Mashup Center root directory, create a directory named fixes if the fixes directory does not already exist.
3. Move the properties-update.pak fixpack file to the IBM Mashup Center\fixes directory.
4. Check that the updatemashup.bat and updatemashup.xml files are the IBM Mashup Center root directory. If not, download them from FixCentral (http://www-933.ibm.com/eserver/support/fixes/?select0=1&select1=IBM%20Mashup%20Center&select2=1.0
). They are part of the version 188.8.131.52 upgrade files. For more details refer to the information at: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/mashupswiki.nsf/dx/Fixpack1001_readme.htm/$file/Fixpack1001_readme.htm
If you have a cluster configuration, you must run these fixpack steps on each node separately
5. Open a command prompt window. For example Start > Run > cmd
6. In the command prompt window, change to the IBM Mashup Center root directory. For example: cd C:\Progs\IBM_MashupCenter
7. In the command prompt window type updatemashup.bat properties-update, where properties-update is the name of the fixpack file. The update runs automatically.
8. Start the server. You can validate that the fixpack was installed successfully by repeating the steps that caused the original exception.
Please post any comments or clarifications as a comment to this post for others benefits.