This topic provides the deployment and configuration instructions for IBM Mashup Accelerator.
: IBM Mashup Accelerator will no longer be supported by the IBM Support team after September 2010.
Installing and configuring Mashup Accelerator
Do the following steps to install Mashup Accelerator and enable Mashup Center functionality in WebSphere Portal:
- Install both IBM Mashup Center 2.0 and IBM WebSphere Portal Server 6.1.5
- Do the following steps to enable Mashup Center functionality in Portal Server:
- Download and run the following two configuration scripts to integrate Mashup Center widgets into WebSphere Portal.: catalog_accel.xml and mm_accel.xml. The scripts deploy new widgets and add widget links to the global widget palette, providing easy access for mashup users in the Portal environment.
- Create a new folder named mmaccel in your Portal profile directory, for example Portal_install_root/wp_profile/mmaccel.
- Copy catalog_accel.xml into the new mmaccel folder.
- Copy mm_accel.xml into the ConfigEngine/config/includes folder, for example Portal_install_root/wp_profile/ConfigEngine/config/includes.
- In the Mashup Center installation directory, open the ear directory in MashupCenter_install_root/mm/mm_ear,
- Copy all the files in the ear directory and paste them into your new mmaccel folder in the Portal profile.
- Start the Portal server, if needed.
- Change to the Portal_install_root/wp_profile/ConfigEngine directory, and run the following configuration task:
ConfigEngine.bat(.sh) mm-accel -DPortalAdminPwd=password -DWasPassword=password
The configuration will run for several minutes.
- To configure Portal Server to use the Mashup Center catalog, see Enabling mashup integration in your portal (mandatory).
- Configure the Portal server AJAX proxy to accept requests from the MashupHub server. Otherwise, you may get errors when trying to configure widgets such as the Data Viewer with feeds from the catalog. For more information, see the following two resources:
- If the Mashup Center catalog is installed on a separate server than the mashup builder, you must also add an SSL certificate to the TrustStore of the Portal. You can add the certificate the same way you add certificates for Lotus Connections portlets. For the required steps, see step 12 in Installing the Connections 2.5 Portlets for IBM WebSphere Portal.
Mashup Accelerator is now configured and user palettes are updated with Accelerator widgets. Users may need to refresh their browser cache to see the updates. You do not need to restart the server.