|This demonstration shows you how to download the Google Gadgets WAR package and add it to the mashup builder.
This demonstration shows you how to download the Google Gadgets
WAR package and add it to the mashup builder. The demonstration comes from Module B, Lesson 2: Adding the Google Gadgets widget to the mashup builder
in the tutorial titled Introduction to creating mashups using Mashup Center 2.0
: If you are using the Greenhouse version of Mashup Center, you can add the Google Gadgets
widget to your palette directly from the catalog. For details, see Greenhouse: Adding the Google Gadgets widget to the mashup builder
To read a text version of this demonstration, scroll to the Procedure section below the demonstration in this wiki article.
Watch the demonstration full screen in a new window.
Following these steps to add the Google Gadgets
widget to the mashup builder:
- Download the Google Gadgets WAR file package.
- To open the catalog, open the main actions menu in the palette, and select Open Catalog in a Dialog Box. If you prefer to open the catalog in a separate browser, select Open Catalog as a New Page or click the catalog icon .
- In the catalog, click Upload > Upload Widget.
- In the Select the widget type source window, select iWidget Package (.war), and click Next.
- In the Upload an iWidget Package window, in the Widget Package file path field, browse to the location where you downloaded the googleGadgetWidget.war file, and click Open. Then click Next.
- In the Specify the following information window, in the Title field, type Google Gadgets. Leave the default 1.0 value in the Version field, and optionally modify the other fields as desired.
- Click Finish. Now you should see a message telling you that the widget was saved successfully in the catalog.
- Do the following steps to add the Google Gadgets widget to your palette of widgets in the mashup builder:
- Still in the window where you left off in the previous step, in the What's Next? section, click View Widget details. Now a window displays that provides the details of the widget, for example the source URL in the catalog, access permissions, and more.
- On the right side of the window, click Add to Mashup Builder.
- In the Add to Mashup Builder window, select Favorites as the palette category, and click Finish. A message displays telling you
that the widget was successfully added to the mashup builder.
- To confirm that the widget was successfully added to the mashup builder, return to the mashup builder browser window and refresh the page. In edit mode, open the Favorites category in the palette, and locate the Google Gadgets widget.