This article describes how Greenhouse users can add the Google Gadgets
widget to their palette from the catalog. If you are downloading the WAR package of this widget and adding it to a local installation of Mashup Center (and not Greenhouse), see Demo: Adding the Google Gadgets WAR package to the mashup builder
To add the Google Gadgets widget to the mashup builder, do the following steps:
- Log into Lotus Greenhouse, and open the mashup builder.
- Click the Catalog icon to open the catalog in a separate browser.
- In the catalog, on the left side of the window, type Google Gadgets into the search field, and click the Search icon .
- Locate the version of the widget that is titled Google Gadgets Widget Official. Be sure that you do not add the WAR version
of the widget to your palette, since the WAR file is meant for deploying only to non-Greenhouse installations of Mashup Center.
- Hover your cursor over the Google Gadgets widget to display the menus below it.
- Click Add to > Mashup Builder.
- In the Add to Mashup Builder window, leave the default text for the title and description, and change the category to Favorites.
- Click Finish. Now you should see a message telling you that the widget was successfully added to the mashup builder.
- Tab back over the mashup builder browser, save any edits, and refresh the page.
- Change the page to edit mode, and confirm that the Google Gadgets widget is located in the Favorites category.
Now you are ready to drag the Google Gadgets widget onto your pages to create mashups.