Contents: Creating mashups : Mashup Center 2.0
The HTML Markup
widget displays a Web page based on HTML code typed or pasted into an editor.
Unlike the Web Site Displayer
widget that displays a Web page from a remote URL, the HTML Markup
widget displays a Web page that is sourced directly in the widget configuration settings.
- When writing code from scratch, first write the code in a sophisticated editor that checks for syntax errors. After you know the code is error-free, copy and paste it into the widget's raw editor.
- If you are not an advanced user of HTML code, create or copy and paste rich text into the rich text editor (RTE) instead of using the raw editor.
See the following table to learn which events the HTML Markup
widget can send and receive:
Table 1. HTML Markup widgets
|This widget does not send content.||Display markup using Any Data - receives HTML markup |
: Display a YouTube video in your mashup.
- On the YouTube Web site, copy the HTML code in the Embed section of the page to your clipboard.
- Drag the HTML Markup widget onto the page.
- Click the menu options icon , and click Edit Settings.
- Paste the HTML code into the raw editor, and click Apply.
- Now users can click the arrow and watch the YouTube video directly inside the mashup application without having to leave the page.
Parent topic: Widget reference : Mashup Center 2.0