The Customer List
widget is a sample Data Viewer
widget that is configured with a URL that points to a feed in the catalog. The feed data is a sample of the type of data you may find in a veterinary office. It contains customer names, addresses, zip codes, contact information, pet breeds and names, and the date of the last visit.
When configuring the Customer List widget, you can limit the number of rows in the table to accommodate the amount of data you want to display. You can also select a custom style for the table by adding a title and setting font properties. For more sophisticated types of content, you can configure the table to highlight or filter rows when column values meet a specific criterion.
NOTE: After dragging the Customer List widget onto a mashup page, you may get the following error:
Unknown error: Please check the feed URL.
This occurs when Lotus Mashups and InfoSphere MashupHub are installed on separate servers. As a workaround, click Edit Settings in the widget's menu, and change the feed URL in the URL to CSV data or ATOM feed field.
See the following table to learn which events the Customer List widget can send and receive:
- Table as URL (ATOM)- for a sends an Atom feed URL from the catalog. This is the URL that points to the data that is currently being displayed in the widget.
- Table as URL (Table)- sends the URL of the CSV file that contains the data. This is the URL that points to the data in the CSV file that is currently being displayed in the widget.
- Table as Table - sends data in a table payload format.
- Row as Text - sends data from the selected row in CSV format.
- Row as Table - sends data from the selected row in a table format.
- Cell as Table - sends data from the selected cell in a table format.
- Cell as Text - sends data from the selected cell.
- (Column name) as Text - sends data from the selected row in this column.
- Table using URL (ATOM)- receives and displays the content from the URL of an Atom feed in the catalog.
- Table using JSON - receives data in a JSON array format.
- Table using Table - receives and displays data in a table format.
- Table using URL (Table) - receives and displays the content from the URL of a file that contains data in CSV format.
Display pet names in the Event Explorer widget by clicking fields in the Customer List widget.
- Drag the Customer List and Event Explorer widgets onto the page.
- Hover your cursor over the Customer List widget, and click the wiring icon to open the wiring interface. Do the following steps:
- Click the Send tab..
- In the Select content to send section, select Animal_name as Text.
- In the Select a widget to receive content section, select Event Explorer.
- In the Select an action section, select Event data using Any Data.
- Click Done.
- In the Customer List widget, click different rows to display pet names in the Event Explorer widget.