The Event Explorer
widget displays event data published by a different widget on the page. The Event Explorer
widget has to be wired to the other widget to display event data.
When you are working with widgets, sometimes you may want to see a glimpse of the data that is being passed from a particular widget when an event occurs. You can wire that widget to the Event Explorer
widget to see that data before you wire it to other widgets on the page as a way to confirm that the data is what you are expecting.
In order for the Event Explorer
widget to display event data that is being passed by another widget on the page, you have to wire the two widgets so that the Event Explorer
widget is the receiving widget. The Event Explorer
widget is not designed to send or manipulate data, only receive and display it from another widget.
Currently there are no configuration options associated with the Event Explorer widget.
See the following table to learn which events the Event Explorer widget can send and receive:
This widget does not send content.
Event data using Any Data -- displays event data received from other widgets. Data can be in any format
Display event data that is being passed from the Customer List widget.
- Drag the Customer List and Event Explorer widgets onto the page.
- Hover your cursor over the Event Explorer widget, and click the wiring icon to open the wiring interface. Do the following steps:
- Click the Receive tab.
- In the Select content to receive section, select Event data using Any Data.
- In the Select a widget to send content section, select Customer List.
- In the Select content to send section, select First_name as Text.
- Click Done.
In the Customer List widget, click different names to display the URL strings in the Event Explorer widget.