widget transforms event data (also called a payload) from one widget to a different value or type and then republishes the data to another widget on the page. This is useful when the event data from one widget does not match the event data from another widget, preventing you from being able to wire the two widgets together.
widget transforms and republishes event data:
Now, when the event is fired from Widget A, the event data is transformed and republished.
var newPayload = "A lot of people agree with this idiom’ " + payload + "’";
payload.myAddition = "my local school";
payload.myWorkPlace = "IBM";
Finally, you can simply discard the incoming event and replace it with a new one.
Content using Any Data -- receives content from another widget
- In the catalog, click List Feeds.
- Hover your cursor over the MyCo Customer list feed, and click View Details.
- At the top of the Details window, copy the URL of the feed to your clipboard.
- Switch over to the Lotus Mashups browser.
- Hover your cursor over the Data Viewer widget, and click the menu options icon . Click Edit Settings. In the configuration window, do the following steps:
- In the URL to CSV data or ATOM feed field, paste the URL of the feed.
- Click Load.
- Click Save.
- Hover your cursor over the Data Viewer widget, and click the wiring icon to open the wiring interface. Do the following steps:
- In the Select content to send section, select URL as Text.
- In the Select an action section, select Content using Any Data.
- Click Done.
- In the Select content to send section, select Content as Any Data.
- In the Select a widget to receive content section, select Web Site Displayer.
- In the Select an action section, select URL using Text.
- Click Done.
var newPayload = "http://www.ibm.com"
- Click Save to close the configuration window.
- In the Data Viewer widget, click a URL. Notice how the Web Site Displayer widget always displays www.ibm.com, regardless of what you click in the Data Viewer widget.