Welcome to MashupHub!
In this tutorial, there are a series of step-by-step lessons to help you understand the capabilities of MashupHub. Proceeding through the tutorial, you will solve a hypothetical business problem.
The tutorial helps you to solve the problem of a rural veterinarian. The vet services clientele who own domestic and farm animals. Using the tools of MashupHub, you will create two feed mashups which contain the information necessary to help safeguard the health of these animals.
The first feed produces data with a list of clients who live in the state of Wyoming.
The second feed produces data with disease outbreak information based on geographical proximity to the clients' zip code.
After completing this tutorial you will understand:
1. MashupHub Basics
- MashupHub terminology, including the terms catalog, feed, feed mashup, tag and comment
- How to view, tag, comment, and rate MashupHub objects
- How to participate as a MashupHub community member
2. Feed Creation
- How to create a feed using an Excel worksheet as the data source
- How to create a feed using a relational database query as the data source
3. Feed Mashup Creation
- How to launch the feed mashup builder
- How to place operators on the feed mashup builder canvas
- How to use the correct operators to produce the desired output
- The thought process to use and steps to take when creating a feed mashup
- How to apply the steps learned when creating a feed mashup
- How to use the Group, Filter, For Each, Group, Sort, Merge and Transform operators when creating a feed mashup
4. How to use MashupHub Objects in Lotus Mashups
- Adding an RSS MashupHub feed mashup to Lotus Mashups
- Adding an Atom MashupHub feed mashup to Lotus Mashups
5. Where to look for Additional Resources
Estimated time to complete each module in this tutorial:
Module 1: 35 minutes
Module 2: 20 minutes
Module 3: 2 hrs, 5 minutes
Module 4: 20 minutes
Module 5: 5 minutes
Total time to complete the tutorial:
3 hrs, 25 minutes
- Connection to the Internet
- Firefox Version 2.x, Internet Explorer 7.x or higher, or Safari 3.x browser (MacOS only)
- Logged in to MashupHub
MashupHub Tutorial - Table of Contents