Several types of actions are available from the main page of MashupHub. This lesson explores the different types of actions you can perform once logged in to MashupHub.
Estimated time to complete this lesson: 10 minutes
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Help and Search
All of the actions available under Catalog
are views of objects. The actions display a list of Feeds
, or those objects marked as My Favorites
. List Everything
displays all objects in the catalog.
- Click List Feeds.
All of the Feeds contained in the Catalog are displayed, sorted alphabetically by Title, and showing information about the associated Tags, the last time the Feed was updated, the average rating and who created the Feed.
- Click My Favorites.
Any object you have created is displayed in this view. Also, if you select an object and select the Add Favorite action, the object will also appear in this view.
actions allow you to make a new object, such as a feed, a feed mashup, or upload a widget or a page.
Clicking New Feed
lets you create a feed from several different types of Data sources. The following list shows the data source types available in MashupHub used to create feeds:
- DB2 XML Columns (pureXML)
- Domino Server
- IBM Information Server
- IMS Transaction
- LDAP Directory
- Relational Database Query (SQL)
- SAP Application Functions
- Tivoli Directory Integrator
- Web Service
- Microsoft Access Data File
- Comma Separated Value File
- Microsoft Excel Workbook
- Existing RSS or Atom Feed (Registration)
- XML document
New Feed Mashup
This action opens up the feed mashup builder. The builder allows you to create a feed mashup in a drag and drop environment which consists of operators used to import feed sources and transform and manipulate data.
Upload Widget and Upload Pages
These actions allow you to upload a widget or a page to store in the catalog.
The community actions relate to the idea of sharing, reusing and collaborating on objects. The actions available from the community category show views of ratings, most viewed, most discussed, highest rated, and lists of tags and categories associated with objects available in the catalog.
- Explore the different views available from the Community actions.
- Click Tags and Categories. A tab appears showing the tags and categories associated with your installation of MashupHub.
- Getting Started contains information to get you up and running with MashupHub.
- Click Examples. A new tab appears listing several examples about how to create feeds and feed mashups. Most of the finished examples are installed in MashupHub. They can be referred to when following the step-by-step instructions available for each example.
- Click Tutorials. A new tab appears listing all of the currently available tutorials about using MashupHub.
- MashupHub Tutorial (this tutorial)
- IMS Feed Creation Tutorial
- Mashup Center Tutorial
Help and Search
Also available from the upper right corner of the MashupHub main page are Help and Search functionality.
User documentation for all aspects of MashupHub is available from the top of the page.
The catalog can be searched for particular objects by using the Search box at the top of the main page. The scope refers to the category of objects included in the search.
1. In the Search box, type cd.
2. For Scope, select All.
3. Click the magnifying glass icon to perform the search.
4. A new tab appears titled cd. All entries in the catalog with the word cd in the title will appear in the list, such as CD Warehouse and CD Warehouse Mashup.
Lesson 3: Viewing MashupHub Feeds V1.0
MashupHub Tutorial - Table of Contents:
Welcome to MashupHub
Module 1: Introduction to MashupHub V1.0
Module 2: Creating Feeds V1.0
Module 3: Creating Feed Mashups V1.0
Module 4: Using MashupHub Objects in Lotus Mashups V1.0
Module 5: Additional Resources and Summary V1.0