This lesson explains how to add one of the example feed mashups from the catalog to Lotus Mashups. The feed reader widget in Lotus Mashups is used to display the data from the RSS feed mashup.
Estimated time to complete this lesson: 10 minutes
The first step towards using feed mashups created in MashupHub and stored in the catalog is to add the feed to Lotus Mashups. Once the feed mashup is added to one of the drawers in Lotus Mashups, the widget can be used in a Lotus Mashups page.
Adding an RSS feed mashup to Lotus Mashups
The Tri-States Weather Alerts Mashup
is one of the mashups available in the catalog when you install MashupHub. This feed mashup is used to demonstrate adding a feed to Lotus Mashups.
: Remember to log in to MashupHub and Lotus Mashups prior to following the instructions below.
1. Type Tri-States
in the Search
box from the MashupHub home tab.
Click the magnifying glass icon to start the search. A new tab appears called Tri-States
2. Place your mouse over the title column of the mashup called Tri-States Weather Alerts Mashup
Click the Add to Lotus Mashups
3. From the Add to Lotus Mashups
tab, use these values:
- Lotus Mashups Server: http://localhost:9081/mum < --- Or whatever your localhost number is
This URL represents the installation of Lotus Mashups that shares access to the MashupHub catalog.
The above is an example URL.
- User ID: mashupuser
Enter the user name used to connect to Lotus Mashups.
- Password: *****
Enter the password of the above user used to connect to Lotus Mashups.
- Click Next.
4. From the next Add to Lotus Mashups
window, use these values:
- Title and Description can be modified or left as is.
- Feed Url: http://localhost:9081/mashuphub/client/plugin/generate/entryid/32/pluginid/10
This is the URL associated with the finished feed that is stored in the catalog and is entered automatically.
This is a sample value.
- Category: Select the drawer in Lotus Mashups you would like the Feed Reader widget associated with this feed to appear under.
- Feed Viewer: Feed Reader
- Icon: Orange Feed Icon
- Click Finish.
5. Close all of the Tri-States Weather Alerts Mashup
The feed mashup has now been associated with a Feed Reader widget in Lotus Mashups. The Feed Reader widget will appear in the drawer you selected above, the Category
, when you are in the edit mode in the Lotus Mashups browser. Now, you will create a page in Lotus Mashups and add the widget to the page.
Adding the Feed Reader widget to a page in Lotus Mashups
1. Launch Lotus Mashups. The last page used will appear.
2. Create a new page for the Feed Reader widget you just added.
- In the upper left hand corner select Create a New Page.
Name the page Tri-State Weather.
3. The page is now in Edit mode.
Looking at the upper right, you can see the option to Go to View
to verify you are in Edit mode.
4. Open the drawer where you placed the Tri-States Weather feed. For instance, if you selected the category Tools
when adding the feed to Lotus Mashups, look under the Tools
For this example we will assume the widget was added to the Tools
- Click the arrow next to the Tools drawer to open it. Scroll down until you see the Tri-States Weather Alerts Feed Mashup.
- Drag the widget onto the page.
- The Feed Reader widget now appears on the page with the contents of the Tri-States Weather Alerts feed.
5. The Feed Reader widget can now be used as a source of data to make a mashup in Lotus Mashups.
6. The Lotus Mashups page can be saved by clicking the floppy disk
icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. You must be in edit mode for the icon to appear.
To delete the page, click the arrow near the page name and select Delete this page
MashupHub Tutorial - Table of Contents:
Welcome to MashupHub V1.0
Module 1: Introduction to MashupHub V1.0
Module 2: Creating Feeds V1.0
Module 3: Creating Feed Mashups V1.0
Module 4: Using MashupHub Objects in Lotus Mashups V1.0
Module 5: Additional Resources and Summary V1.0