widget allows users to log into IBM Lotus
Sametime Connect and chat with their contacts without having to open the
application outside of the mashup page.
: To download PDFs of the original, IBM-authored widget help in
various languages, click here
By default, when users first open the mashup application, the Sametime
widget displays a login screen with three fields:
- User name: The user’s user name
- Password: The user’s password
- Host: The name of the Lotus Sametime Connect community
server, for example sametime.lotus.com
Users will be prompted to log back into the community server each time
they navigate away from the mashup page.
After users successfully log in, they can perform the following tasks:
- View their contacts list: Users can open their
contacts list and see all the categories, names, and images they see when
they open the standalone version of Lotus Sametime Connect. Note that users
must use the standalone application to update their contacts list.
- Chat with contacts: Users can simply double-click
contacts in the list to initiate a chat.
- Send and receive content in rich text: Users
can create and receive content in rich text format.
- Participate in group chats: Users can accept invitations
to join group chats. Note that users must use the standalone application
to initiate group chats.
- Find and chat with people who are not in their contacts
list: The Sametime widget provides the option for users to search
their company directory for a person who is not in their contacts list.
If the person’s name is found, users can initiate a chat. Note that users
must use the standalone application to add the person to their contact
- Edit status messages: Users can edit their status
messages to provide details about their availability. Note that status
messages do not persist after you log out of the Sametime widget
and then log back in. This is true even when you select the Edit message
every time option.
- Set style properties for background and font: Users
can change background colors and set properties for font such as font style,
color, and size.
- Add emoticons to chats: Users can add emoticons
to chats to liven up conversations with co-workers.
- Create hyperlinks: Users can create hyperlinks
and add them to chat windows so that contacts can simply click the links
and open Web pages.
Currently no configuration options are available for
the Sametime widget.
See the following table to learn which events the Sametime
widget can send and receive:
|This widget does not send content.
||Start Chat -- event of type string that receives
the unique identifier of the user with whom you want to chat. This unique
identifier can be in the form of an e-mail address (email@example.com), a
Lotus Domino name (XYZ/Cambridge/IBM@IBMUS), or any other string that uniquely
identifies users on the Lotus Sametime Connect community server. |
Allow users to be able to click a name in an organization chart widget
and start a chat session with that person in the Sametime widget.
In this scenario, you have already added an organization chart widget to
the page that is able to pass strings of data that contain the unique names
of company employees. These are the names that are recognized by the Lotus
Sametime Connect community server. This data can be in the form of an e-mail
address (firstname.lastname@example.org), a Lotus Domino name (XYZ/Cambridge/IBM@IBMUS),
or any other string that uniquely identifies users on the Lotus Sametime
Connect community server.
Now users can click a person's name in the organization chart
widget and start a chat with that
person without leaving the mashup page.
- Drag the Sametime widget onto the page.
- Hover your cursor over the Sametime widget, and click
the wiring icon to
open the wiring interface. Do the following steps:
- Click the Receive tab.
- In the Select content to receive section, click string
from Start Chat.
- In the Select a widget to send content section, select
the organization chart widget.
- In the Select content to send section, select either the
string to send the unique identifier, for example the e-mail address or
- Click Done.