Configuring Informix for Lotus Mashups (Windows): imc3Added by IBM on November 23, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|This topic describes how to configure Informix for Lotus® Mashups on a Windows platform.
This topic describes how to configure Informix for Lotus® Mashups on a Windows platform.
Before you begin
Before starting to configure Informix for Lotus Mashups, you must first install Mashup Center and the Informix database server. For instructions on installing Mashup Center, see ../com.ibm.help.mashups30.intro.doc/mash_intro_plan_install.html. For instructions on installing the Informix database server, see the IBM InfoSphere Informix documentation.
The maximum length for the URL of a widget's definition is 796 bytes. If a longer URL is required, increase the DEFINITION_URL
column property in the WIDGET_DEFINITION
table as needed, and comment out the following line in the script: CREATE INDEX MASHUPS.WIDGETDEFINITION_DEFINITIONURL ON MASHUPS.WIDGET_DEFINITION(DEFINITION_URL);
. Otherwise, the following warning may display when creating the database:
Warning: Code 517: The total size of the index is too large or too many parts
in index. All database servers have limits on the number of columns that can be
included in an index and on the total number of bytes in a key (the sum of the
widths of the columns). This CREATE INDEX statement would exceed that limit for
this database server. IBM Informix Dynamic Server and IBM Informix Universal
Server allow 16 key parts (columnar or functional) and a width of 390 bytes.
IBM Informix SE supports 8 columns and a width of 126 bytes. Other
Informix database servers allow 16 columns and 255 characters.
- Run the following command to start the Informix server: starts database server name. If the server does not start, go to Start -> Run and run services.msc. If you experience any shared memory issues, check the Windows Task Manager to see if any Informix processes are still running. Stop the processes, if necessary, and start the server again by running the starts database server name command.
- To improve performance, open the Informix onconfig.database_server_name file, and edit the following parameters to match those on your system:
Do the following steps to create the database dbspace file and run the required commands on the database server:
- DEF_TABLE_LOCKMODE ROW: The default setting for DEF_TABLE_LOCKMODE is PAGE. Change the page size of the database space to at least 8K to handle the column sizes in your tables. Changing the DEF_TABLE_LOCKMODE from PAGE to ROW helps reduce the chance of deadlocks.
- MULTIPROCESSOR: Change the value to 1 if you have more than one processor on your system.
- VPCLASS CPU,num=: Specify the number of processors you want to make available to Informix, and then reduce the number by one.
- LOGBUFF, PHYSBUFF, RESIDENT, SHMADD, and SHMVIRTSIZE: Modify these parameters, if needed.
Create a new database with the following settings:
- Create an empty file to use as the dbspace file. Name the file something similar to mashups_dat.000, and put it in the same directory as the other Informix data files, for example C:\\IFMXDATA\\database server name.
- Run the following command to create adequate space in the database:
onspaces -c -d dbspace name -k 8 -p path of dbspace file -o 0 -s 400000
The page size value must be in multiples of four.
- Run the following command to create enough space for the sbspace:
onspaces -c -S sbspace name -p path of sbspace file -o 0 -s 200000
- Run the following command to confirm that dbspace and sbspace are mounted by the Informix server: onstat -d. If the spaces are not loaded, run the commands from the previous steps above and check again.
Stop the Lotus Mashups server.
Do the following steps to configure Lotus Mashups:
- Provide a database name, for example MASHUPS.
- Change the database space to the value of dbspace name that you used above in step 2a.
- Change logging to one of the following values: Log, Buffered_log, or log_Mode_ansi.
Copy the files from MashupCenter_install_root/mm_profile/dbscripts/LotusMashups/informix/database_name to the remote server.
Do the following steps to create the Lotus Mashups tables on Informix:
- Open MashupCenter_install_root/Config/database_informix.properties, and specify JDBC as the connectivity information for the database and user, for example:
# Informix Dynamic Server configuration parameters
# User ID
# IDS Hostname
# IDS port number, for example 1526
informixPortNumber=database server port number
# IDS Server Name, for example ol_ids_1150
informixServerName=database server name
# IDS Database Name, for example MASHUPS
- Create the data source connection and configure Lotus Mashups to use the newly created database by changing to the MashupCenter_install_root/Config folder and running the following task on the command line: config.bat action-create-db-mashup-informix.
- Open a command line.
- Run the oninit command to start the database server.
- Change to the directory with the database scripts.
- Run the following SQL scripts using the dbaccess database_name script_name command:
Do the following steps to test the connection and make sure everything is working as expected:
- To create tables, run the createTable.sql script.
- To grant access to the user, run the createGrant.sql script. Note that if you used the user informix to create the database and tables, then grant access is not needed.
Start the Lotus Mashups server.
- Open the WebSphere Application Server administrative console, and click Resources -> Data sources.
- Select the check box beside the new data source and test the connection.
Parent topic: Configuring Informix for Lotus Mashups: imc3