Database migration setup: imc3Added by IBM on November 23, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before you migrate the MashupHub database, check the prerequisites and set up the target database for migration.
Before you migrate the MashupHub database, check the prerequisites and set up the target database for migration.
Supported databases for migrating the catalog
Following are the supported databases for migration and the required JAR files.
Table 1. Supported databases and JAR files for migration
|Relational database versions||JAR files to install|
|DB2®, Version 9.1, 9.5, 9.7||The default JAR file, db2jcc.jar, is already installed with MashupHub.|
|Informix®, Version 11.50 ||The default JAR file, db2jcc.jar, is already installed with MashupHub.|
|Microsoft® SQL Server, 2005, Microsoft SQL Server, 2008||JDBC Driver 3.0 sqljdbc4.jar|
|Oracle, Version 11.1g or 11.2g||ojdbc6.jar or ojdbc14.jar|
Migration prerequisites for all databases
- The database that you want to migrate to must already exist, and the schema must be empty.
- You must have Write permission on the database that you want to migrate to.
- Migration is supported only one time from the default embedded Apache Derby catalog database to DB2, Informix, Microsoft SQL Server, or to Oracle. You cannot migrate between the non-default databases, for example between DB2 and Oracle.
- The database that you migrate to must be created with the UTF-8 code set; otherwise double-byte character sets are not supported.
- Back up the embedded Apache Derby database by copying it to another location. The embedded Apache Derby database is the folder hubdb and is located in this directory: install-dir\\hub\\installedApps\\Mashup Hub.ear\\mashuphub-enterprise.war.
Migration has a timeout of 20 minutes. For databases that have many objects in the catalog (for example, over 350 objects), increase the Ajax timeout in Settings -> Environment -> Configuration Settings.
Migration setup for DB2
- Create the DB2 database with the UTF-8 code set. For example:
CREATE DB database_name USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY preferred_territory
- If you are migrating to DB2, Version 9.1, make sure that the temporary tables table space size is 8 K or larger.
Migration setup for Informix
- Turn logging ON.
- For Windows®, set the GL_USEGLU Windows registry key on the computer that is running the Informix database. Set the GL_USEGLU registry key to value of 1. This registry key is in the following path:
- Configure the Informix instance to use an sbspace. The sbspace can be created using the onspaces utility.
Migration setup for Microsoft SQL Server
- Install the sqljdbc4.jar file:
On Microsoft SQL Server the database must be set to case-insensitive collation. You can check the collation setting from the SQL Server management studio by right-clicking the database and choosing Properties. Alternatively, you can run the following query:
- Copy the sqljdbc4.jar file to the MashupHub lib directory:
- Restart MashupHub with the WebSphere® Application Server administrative console or restart the WebSphere Application Server.
SELECT CONVERT(sysname,DatabasePropertyEx('database_name', 'Collation'))
If the database is set to case-sensitive collation, change the database collation to case-insensitive collation. For example:
ALTER DATABASE database_name COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
Migration setup for Oracle
- Go to http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html and download the jar file.
- Copy the JAR file that you downloaded to the MashupHub lib directory.
Restart MashupHub with the WebSphere Application Server administrative console or restart the WebSphere Application Server.
- On Windows: install-dir\\hub\\installedApps\\Mashup Hub.ear\\mashuphub-enterprise.war\\WEB-INF\\lib
- On Linux® or AIX®: install-dir/hub/installedApps/Mashup Hub.ear/mashuphub-enterprise.war/WEB-INF/lib
Parent topic: Migrating the catalog database: imc3